Awareness and everyday life. We've just completed a series of 6 short articles on different signs that everyday life may be undermining your health. Today, we'll tie all six signs together under one heading: awareness.
Why would I have written a series of articles identifying 6 things that, when they aren't going well in a person's life, should be obvious signs that something's off? Well...
Well, because as humans, we sometimes get so wrapped up in getting from Monday to Tuesday that we don't notice them.
Or we get so wrapped up in getting from Tuesday to Wednesday that we don't take the time to do anything proactive to make things better.
Or we get so wrapped up in getting from Wednesday to Thursday that we don't even think to ask the question about whether something even could be done and assume "it's just how things are."
On Friday, we learn to tolerate troubling situations that might have been easily resolved if we'd given them some attention.
It takes the weekend to recuperate so we can start over again the next week.
Notice I'm not saying "you" do those things. "We" do them. Even me. I believe it's human nature. Yet to the extent that we can take just a quick moment to step outside our daily automatic functioning, we can create a marvelous opportunity to enhance the quality of our lives.
So, let's do a quick review of the signs we've identified. The 6 signs:
- You feel exhausted or drained.
- You hurt.
- You look or feel "old" for your age.
- Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is above or below the normal range.
- You get sick easily -- colds, flu, everything.
- You think of yourself as a victim.
What should you do if you have none of these signs? Hey, do a happy dance and post your appreciation over on our healthy living forum! Share your secrets for living such a great life!
What might you do if you notice that one or two of them has crept up on you? 3 things:
- First pat yourself on the back for having the awareness to recognize what's going on!
- Next, take a nice deep breath. If you're well & together enough to read this article, things really haven't gotten too bad.
- Then, if you wish, consider that it's possible to create a strategy to bring you more balance, peace of mind, health, and vitality. Your very first step toward the life you "deep down" desire is simply bringing that possibility alive.
We'll be talking about this further, of course, in the coming weeks. Meanwhile, how about a nice warm cup of herbal tea and a few savored moments of relaxation?