Affirmations are the words we use to make things "firm" in the world. Words have active creative power. They can be used intentionally to create positive change in the world -- including enhancing your state of health. In this article, we'll explore three challenges that interfere with health, along with sample affirmations to modify the challenges and enhance health.
Holistic health challenge #1: an inappropriate relationship with food. While specific food choices are based on an individual person's values and culture, there are some general themes that apply across the board. Difficulties may arise...
* When a person loses touch with the feeling of hunger and eats either substantially more or less than their body requires in order to be satisfied and nourished.
* When a person places convenience over health and begins to rely on processed convenience food products instead of whole, fresh foods.
* When a person takes their food source for granted, failing to appreciate the cycles of nature and human effort that makes their sustenance possible.
This stands to affect your health in several ways, including inadequate nutrition and weight challenges. Affirmations for a health-promoting relationship with food might go something like this. (Modify as desired to suit your own situation.)
* I listen to my body's messages of hunger and satisfaction, eating the perfect quantity of healthy foods.
* I enjoy eating the fresh whole foods that nourish my body, mind, and spirit.
* I am thankful for the foods that nourish and sustain me and my family.