Affirmations for Self Love
Think your affirmations might have a clearer "ring" to them if you felt a little better about yourself to begin with? They just might. Self-love is something that most people say they want, yet there are times when it can seem elusive. Connect with these tips to bring yourself back into balance with the truth of your inner beauty.
Self-love trap #1: Getting stuck in the idea that you're "supposed" to be perfect and know everything. Nobody knows everything. I don't, you don't, your role models don't. Think about it. If you knew everything yourself, you wouldn't have much motivation to bring out the greatness in others, would you? You know ... by allowing them to contribute to you. So even at a social level, it's completely impractical. Watch for these signs that you feel bad about not knowing things:
* You hesitate to ask a question for fear that it will make you sound stupid.
* You hesitate to begin a new project because you suspect you will encounter a step or two that you haven't worked out how to do yet.
* When you do think you know something, you've just gotta jump in and tell everyone -- so they can see that you're not as stupid as you think they thought you were.
As a result of clinging to this false belief in your intended perfection, you hold your life back. You stick to the familiar, procrastinating endlessly on new projects so as to not run into situations you don't know how to handle. You rob others ... friends, family, and co-workers ... out of the opportunity to share their own best gifts. Check out these affirmations for embracing natural learning.
* I feel good when others share their gifts of knowledge and understanding with me.
* I love seeing how new projects unfold -- working through each little challenge easily.
* I forgive myself for making mistakes in life, just as I forgive others.